Amazing healthy benefits of sex during pregnancy
- Improves orgasms: Blood flow intensifies your sexual desire. In fact, some women achieve a real orgasm for the first time ever during pregnancy!
- Burns caloies: Sex is the most fun way to stay fit — you’ll burn 50 calories or more in 30 minutes of love-making.
- Lowers blood pressure: Sex has been found to lower blood pressure…a good thing for both of you, since high blood pressure is linked to the pregnancy complication preeclampsia.
- Reduces pain: Orgasm releases oxytocin (or the “love hormone”), which one study found to increase pain tolerance by 74%.
- Improves sleep:
- For moms: Sex is relaxing — so it helps you sleep better.
- For babies: The rocking motion of a sex session often lulls baby to sleep.
Boosts immunity: A study found that sex boosts levels of IgA, an antibody that helps avoid colds and other infections.
Boosts happiness: Orgasm releases endorphins — which make both you and baby happier and more relaxed.
Increases intimacy: Thank oxytocin again — it’s been linked to romantic attachment.
Speeds up postpartum recovery: Orgasms during pregnancy prepare the pelvic floor for childbirth, which in turn speeds postpartum recovery. Do Kegels during pregnancy sex to pump up those muscles — and increase pleasure for you both!